Legion of Mary meets Monday Evenings at 7:45 PM
St. Hedwig Church Lounge
Contact: Tina Cannova at (562) 596-0188
The Legion of Mary (Latin: Legio Mariae) is an association of Catholic men and women that forms “Mary’s army.” Like any army, the Legion is composed of members who are in active service (active members) and those who support the troops by their prayers (auxiliary members). The Legion of Mary was founded in Dublin, Ireland, as a Roman Catholic Marian Movement by layman Frank Duff in 1921. Today between active and auxiliary (praying) members, the Legion of Mary is the largest apostolic organization of lay people in the Catholic Church.
The essential aim of the Legion of Mary is the sanctification of its members through prayer, the sacraments and devotion to Mary and the Trinity, and of the whole world through the apostolate of the Legion.
Membership requires a commitment to daily rosary prayer.
Active Works can include: Eucharistic Ministry – hospitals, nursing homes, private homes; Door-to-door evangelization; Book borrow; Crowd contact; Promoting retreats; Missions; Works for young; Religious instruction classes, etc.
15 PROMISES OF MARY TO CHRISTIANS WHO RECITE THE ROSARY (Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan)
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
- The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
- The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.